YAKAYA, an ethical fashion brand inspired by Guatemalan weaving art.
Our mission is to create fashion with a purpose – connecting cultures, inspiring beauty, teaching, learning, collaborating and supporting talented artisans; offering them a platform to share their artwork with a global market.
We use Guatemalan fabrics in our designs and create customized pieces to perfectly fit the customer’s style and body shape. There is also a small line of ready-made styles available.
YAKAYA Damen Kleid Goddess Maxi Dress "Anandi" mit Ikat Muster Stoff handgewebt und mit Handstickerei, aus Guatemala - jedes Teil ein Unikat - Ethno, Hippie, Boho, Azteken - Style - auf Bestellung
(scroll down for English Version)
Material: Oberstoff: 100% Baumwolle
- 30 Grad Handwäsche mit etwas Essig oder Salz, damit die leuchtenden Farben lang erhalten bleiben.
- Danach auf einen Kleiderbügel hängen, zum Trocknen. - Bügeln auf mittlerer Temperatur.
#yakaya #fashion #lifestyle #ethno #festivaloutfit #styleoftheday #madewithlove #handmade #boho #slowfashion #handwoven #guatemala #guatemaya #ceremony #zeremoniekleid #maya
- Handmade in San Pedro, Guatemala, by a local artisan women in a free sewing training led by Svetlana Sekerin -
- Hand wash at 30 degrees with a little vinegar or salt to preserve the bright colors for a long time.
- Then hang on a hanger to dry.
- Iron at medium temperature.
A symbiosis of ancient art & contemporary design, made ethically with a social impact
Our mission is to create fashion with a purpose – connecting cultures, inspiring beauty, teaching, learning, collaborating and supporting talented artisans; offering them a platform to share their artwork worldwide.
Designer and Founder
I am a passionate and experienced Ethical Fashion Designer from Berlin, Germany and currently living part-time at Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.
Searching for a greater purpose in life, I felt a calling to travel to Guatemala and connect with the Mayan culture through exploring their villages and getting to know the local weavers.
Creating fashion with a purpose is my mission – sharing my skills through teaching local women new sewing and pattern-making techniques, and supporting them with a fair living wage to create a better world for them and their families.